Friday, March 2, 2012

Kiss My Fannie, Fannie Mae

I’m going to be overly dramatic for a minute here. Please excuse me while I go outside and scream, stomp my feet, and throw snow at random people.  Brushes hands off. Much, much better.

Ahem.

Purchasing a home is driving me MAD.  Why is it so difficult? Why are there bidding wars going on for a home that has been on the market for 3 months? Why is the bank taking FOREVER to get back to us on our final offer?  Shouldn’t purchasing a home be a bit more pleasant than this? Matt and I are really about to throw in the towel on this particular house that we want. It has all of the criteria that we are looking for but we feel like the bank is dragging us around in circles. We put an offer in on the house on Tuesday and the next day we hear there is a bidding war going on and they want us to put in our best offer AGAIN. Are they doing this just to make more money off the house? Are there really that many people putting down offers on this house?

I’m really trying to think positive but I would hate to see this house slip through our fingers, we just know that putting down more than we can afford would not benefit us at all.  So, in the meantime, we sit here quietly and wait for an answer. Well, Matt is pretty calm about it, but I think I need to go throw some more snow. 

4 comments:

  1. It's probably not the bank that is dragging it's feet, it's the seller holding out for a better offer. Hang in there. If this is really the house you want than go for it. Be persistent. Keep calling your realtor and the bank you are getting financing from. Buying a home is a huge pain in the ass but once you close on the house of your dreams, it's totally worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah don't worry about the house, if it's meant to be it will be. Buying a home is one of the biggest purchases of your life so make sure you only offer what you and your spouse can afford. Think about if one of you lost your job, will you be able to afford the home on one income or with one income and unemployment/severance pay. My mother has always said when buying a home you don't want to be house rich but cash poor.

    Hang in there the process will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember my rents telling me that they got our house cheap because it was the ugliest f**ing house on the street. But over time and some tlc can change things, ours is actually the most beautiful on the street now. LOL maybe try going for a fixer upper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most likey, it is the seller. People either want the most they can get for a house, or if they're quiet attached to it, it means more to them than just the money.

    Buying a house is a waiting game tho. I wont be very patient either! that's nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete